• Universal Testing Machines (UTM), is a machine that allows samples to be tested in pure tension or pure compression. The UTMs utilized in the Materials lab have several different couplers that allow different types of loading conditions (triple point flexural testing, extensometer testing, etc): 200T universal testing machine and 50T universal testing machine.
• 200T concrete compression machine, this machine is used to test compressive strength as well as tensile strength of concrete cylinders.
• Environmental Chamber, i nside the lab is an environmental chamber capable of controlling temperature as well as humidity. The Chamber has interior dimensions of 120cm x 90cm x 90cm high. It has a temperature range of -4 to 212°F (-20°C to 100°C) with a temperature constancy of ±0.5°F (±0.3°C). The chamber also has a humidity range of 10-95% depending on ambient temperature and humidity with an accuracy of ±2.5%.
• Ultrasonic Tester
• Concrete Cores machine
• Permeable concrete tester
• Concrete creep tester
• Radiation Detector
• Chloride ion content of analyzer
• Computer automatic control system
• Concrete compressive strength test specimen
• Concrete bending test
• Discrepancies in the actual test
• Concrete mix design
• Fresh concrete in chloride ion test
• Tensile steel
• Reinforced radiation detection test
• Sieve analysis
• Cement Testing
• Aggregate Test
• Non-destructive testing
• Other materials testing